Cavan to Giant's Causeway to Belfast

Cavan to Giant's Causeway to Belfast

Author
Posted Thu 9 Aug 2018 1:45 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
We have 3 days in September to drive from Cavan up to the Giants causeway, down to Belfast and back to Dublin. Any suggestions on the best way to go and what to see!
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 9 Aug 2018 10:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 1 hour ago Visits: 13.3K
Hello Evi,

September is a lovely time to travel around the island of Ireland, a bit quieter than our main summer months but still plenty to see and do!

From Cavan, I would suggest travelling up towards Enniskillen and taking a look at the wonderful Castle. From there travel northwards to Derry~Londonderry, where you will be able to walk the walls and take a stroll along the peace bridge to main but two delights the city holds.

For accommodation ideas, please take a look at our approved accommodation search pages. Select a destination and type of accommodation to find details of what is available in the area. I have pre-selected Derry~Londonderry to get you started but there are plenty of other locations along the route to choose from.

From there the Coastal Causeway Route is one of the best you will find on the Island of Ireland. Taking in some wonderful coast towns and sites, Portrush,  Dunluce Castle, Downhill Demense, and Bushmills before arriving at the Giant's Causeway.

Belfast is only a few miles away and full of things to see and do, including the Titanic Belfast Exhibition and a Black Taxi tour is a super way to see the city and learn about its recent history.

Finally, a trip through County Down and the wonderful Mountains of Mourne before crossing back towards Cavan would be a wonderful end to a full 3 days.

I hope this gives you lots of inspiration, and I'm sure your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this list!

If you need any more help, just let me know!

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Aug 2018 1:32 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thank you so much! That’s perfect!
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Aug 2018 3:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Evi, 

So exciting that you'll be visiting us this September! If you have the time, make sure to plan a trip to the Gobbins Cliff path in Northern Ireland as well. It's an amazing and unique way to see this part of the island! :) 

Let us know if you have any other questions about your upcoming trip. We're always here to help! 

Warm regards,

Melin
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 16 Aug 2018 12:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Evi,

I am very glad to hear that you are planning a trip to Ireland. While here, I would encourage you to explore the delights of the Causeway Coast and Glens region.  Famed for its stunning scenery - beautiful glens, stunning beaches, rugged cliffs and of course, the Giant's Causeway. Some of the other must see attractions in the area include the Bushmills Distillery, Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge and Dunluce Castle. You can find out more about what to see and do in the Causeway Coast and Glens by downloading our Visitor Guide - available from our website. https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/welcome/maps-guides/

By any chance are you a Game of Thrones fan? The Causeway Coast play hosts to some of the most famous filming locations including Ballintoy Harbour and the world famous Dark Hedges. Glenara Elite do a fabulous guided tour and tell you all about the local area.

Driving back towards Belfast, I would suggest you follow the stunning Causeway Coastal Route. Voted as one of the best drives in the world, you will pass through a number beautiful villages and the historical town of Carrickfergus. With the sea by your side the whole way, it is a stunning way to travel to Belfast.

I hope you enjoy your trip. Do call into one of our Visitor Information Centres if you need anything. We are more than happy to help.

Gina
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 27 Sep 2018 8:56 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Evi, 

Have you visited the Causeway Coastal route yet this month? We'd love to hear more about your experiences. :)

Warm regards,

Melin