Castle hotels in or around Dublin

Castle hotels in or around Dublin

Author
Posted Mon 27 Aug 2018 3:03 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello,
I am a travel agent and I have clients who want to spend time in a castle hotel - not just to be called castle, but to be real castle and to feel the atmosphere. They won't rent a car and will stay in Dublin. It could be close to Dublin, but it should be easy to access by public transportation or train if it is out of Dublin.
It should be 3-4 stars at least at a reasonable price range.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 Aug 2018 5:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Antoinette, 

I'd love to provide you with some suggestions for a real castle experience! :) 

Have you looked at Clontarf Castle in Dublin yet? It is a unique and luxurious 12th century castle hotel in the city with different types of bedrooms to choose from. Another 4 star castle hotel is the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel overlooking Dublin Bay, with bedrooms in a traditional castle style. 

A little further away from the city, but easily reached by public transport, is Wilton Castle in County Wexford. Dating back to the 13th century, and complete with turreted towers, it really gives you an authentic castle feeling. 

For more options, take a look at the other castles and historic houses available around the island. I hope this was helpful, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions! 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 Aug 2018 6:38 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Melin,
Thank you so very much. I will take a look at all links. Some hotels take advantage and use just the name 'castle'. I don't want to make a mistake.
Your answer helped me a lot.
Huge thanks again!