A different accommodation

A different accommodation

Author
Posted Mon 27 Aug 2018 5:48 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I visited Ireland several times, 20 or 21. I don't remember well...and among a thousand adventures was really nice what happened in June 2000.
Normally I drive aimlessly across Ireland, that time I was with three friends of mine. We left Dublin to Limerick in the early morning passing through Cashel then after a short stop in Limerick for lunch I drove up to Doolin, visiting The Cliffs of Moher.
Meanwhile it was late but we decided to look for accommodation in Galway, anyway because we wanted to spend the night there. We arrived in Galway around 8.00 pm ... we began to look for a B & B with vacancy. There were none. I began to think to get four rooms in a hotel, but for us, Ireland meant and means B & B, adventure, different places and rooms and above all, contact with the locals!
So I made the last attempt..I knocked to a B & B outside Galway, shortly after Salt Hill.. Unfortunately, even in that case I received the answer that I would not have wanted to hear "Sorry No Vacancy" ... I thanked and I walked towards the car.
I was opening the car door when I heard "Hey guys ... come here please" The owner of the B & B led us to the back and showed us a giant caravan without wheels. "If you settle for this accommodation I will make you a great price and you are welcome. Once I used it in summer, now only my daughters go to play, but there are four comfortable beds "
Naturally we accepted the offer and that was the first and last time ever that I slept in a caravan. So after we could enjoy the night in the Galway's pubs !
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/27-08-2018/50276bd1-0bb8-4247-863c-165a.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 31 Aug 2018 8:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:40 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hello, Marco.

Your adventure is definitely one to remember! You were so lucky to find that caravan and it was a good thing you didn't lose the hopes since Irish people are very kind and welcoming! Are you planning another trip to the Emerald Isle in the future, Marco?

Speriamo di rivederti presto sull'isola e di sentire un'altra delle tue avventure!

Francesco