Hunt for unknown road!! Causeway Coastal Route, N. Ireland

Hunt for unknown road!! Causeway Coastal Route, N. Ireland

Author
Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 8:47 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello everyone!

My name is Colin and I'm trying to find a place that my fiance' has shown me. It's somewhere along the Causeway Coastal Route. When she seen this picture something about it told her that we MUST go there together. I don't know where it is and neither does she. Emailing the the support group they thought it may be on or near Rathlin Island but couldn't be sure. In viewing a travel video on youtube I believe this may be on one of the Greenway Trails. I'm thinking that because it looks more like a path than a road. 

I'm wanting to surprise her. I'd like to find it before we travel there and take here to that exact spot. We were thinking taking the trip next spring but i'm unsure at this point. Please take a look and if anyone could recognize where this is I'd really appreciate it!!
Thank you very much!  :)
-Colin
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/24-09-2018/23336252-4246-43ab-9707-7c44.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 9:40 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Colin, 

We're so happy you found your way here so quickly, and hopefully someone will be able to tell you the exact location soon. It would be fantastic if you're able to surprise your fiance with a trip to the destination of her dreams. :)

What else do you have in mind for your trip for Spring next year? We'd love to provide you with some additional ideas and suggestions for your visit. 

If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always here to help! 

Warm regards,

Melin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Sep 2018 11:50 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Colin,
Interesting request to find where this picture was taken from!  I have asked for help from a few friends as it is not an instantly recognisable view for me. I am waiting to hear back from them.
It looks as if it has been taken from one of the glens, but from which one? There are several scenic driving routes which lead off the main A2 Causeway Coastal Route, allowing visitors to explore these beautiful sculpted valleys through which a river makes its way to the sea. You can see them on the map of The Causeway Coastal Route by clicking on the following link. https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/150666-CCG_NI-Map_Online-version-03.pdf  This map also shows pictures of other attractions along the famous Causeway Coastal Route.
I do hope someone can help you with your picture and that you and your fiancé can enjoy being in that exact place. 
Kind regards,
Mary.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Sep 2018 1:51 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you! 

Even the interest and effort to help is greatly appreciated!!

-Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Sep 2018 4:52 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi Colin,
Sadly, I am not able to give you a definitive reply today.
However, four people I have spoken with reckon it was taken from Ballycastle Forest looking towards Rathlin Island.
Another person thought the land in the background was Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal.
So, without some exploration on the ground to actually view the landscape, I’m afraid I can’t confirm anything.
All the best.
Mary. 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Sep 2018 10:27 PM
View Quick Profile
I THINK I FOUND IT!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! Between you and google maps I found this. It actually looks like this was taken FROM Rathlin Island looking south toward what would be the Causeway Coastal Route. Thank you SOOOOO much!!!!!!https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/25-09-2018/f7525a3c-2708-4403-bd13-6f51.pnghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/25-09-2018/1c561422-b282-47b8-91e0-318a.png
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Sep 2018 12:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Amazing news, Colin! And may I say... you have some very excellent map skills, as well! :) Your photo does indeed look exactly like a Rathlin road. 

Your surprise is absolutely heartwarming, and to add to that, Rathlin Island is one of the most ruggedly romantic places in the world! I have no doubt you and your fiance will find a great deal of magic there! 

The entire island is about 6 miles long and 1 mile wide, but there is so much to explore. A highlight for me was taking a small boat trip around the island -- the views were incredible and we were surrounded by amazing sea birds (like puffins <3) and seals. 

My parents, my husband and I stayed at the Manor House (photo attached), and it was perfect, just overlooking the harbor (also attached), where we were greeted by a rainbow and friendly people.

I cannot wait to hear about your dream trip!! Please keep us posted! https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/26-09-2018/d693f199-2760-474b-97fe-cabf.jpghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/26-09-2018/68d661a4-b386-4eda-ab1a-d640.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 30 Sep 2018 10:29 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Island of Ireland
That's some great detective work, Colin! We're so happy you were able to find the exact location, and please keep us posted on your travel plans. Jenny has already given you some wonderful suggestions for Rathlin Island, and we're always here if you need more tips. :)
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 2 Apr 2019 9:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Hi Colin, 

How are your travel plans coming along? I'm sure everyone here would love to hear more about it! :) 

If there is ever anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm always happy to lend a hand. 

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Melin