Searching Bus or Mini-Coach with driver

Searching Bus or Mini-Coach with driver

Author
Posted Tue 11 Dec 2018 9:41 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello, we are two families who want to make a nice Ireland tour in the autumn of 2019. We are 4 adults, 2 young men, 4 children. So 10 people. We all want to drive together in a vehicle. So we need a minibus with driver. We put the tour together ourselves. Milestones include Dublin, Waterford, Cork, Killarney, Ring of Dingel, Wild Atlantic Way, Limerick, Galway, Dublin.
It will be a 5-days-tour and about 1100 km. We have a limited budget.
Now we are looking for a bus rental, which provides us with a bus with driver. So far, we have only ever received offers of "finished" tours. But we want to organise our own Agenda, because of 3-5 non-tourism-stops. Who can help me.Thank you for your contributions and answers, Joachim
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Dec 2018 10:46 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Joachim,

I'll be happy to help you, we have a transport company, Irish Coaches and we can supply a small coach and driver guide for your party.
Just email me at sandra@irishcoaches.ie and I'll get a price for you. Our website is: www.irishcoaches.ie
We are happy to work with your own itinerary as long as it falls within driver hours, these are set by the EU and it is a legal requirement to operate within these, that is why there maybe restrictions on your plan. 
However, send on your ideas to me and we will do our best to get everything included for you!

Regards,

Sandra.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Dec 2018 11:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Good morning Joachim 

We are a Tour Operator with expert knowledge of Ireland, we also provide vehicles from our own fleet and drivers. Very happy to provide you with a suitable vehicle and driver for your experience in Ireland. You can view our services here - http://www.eitravelgroup.ie/leisure/. Please send your contact details to jeremy@eitravelgroup.ie and we will respond with prices. Looking forward to hearing from you. 
Regards
Jeremy
http://www.eitravelgroup.ie/leisure/

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Dec 2018 11:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 22
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:28 AM Visits: 2.8K
Hi Joachim,

That sounds like a fantastic travel plan! Autumn is a really lovely time of year to visit Ireland and having your own private mode of transport gives you such a great deal of freedom to go and stop wherever you want. 

It looks like you're getting some great offers already! I'm sure both Sandra and Jeremy can offer you some excellent assistance with finding a mini coach with driver.

On our website, you can find some interesting budget tips of things to see and do in Dublin and Cork, that might help with saving on expenses. 

Which 'non-touristy' places will you be visiting on your trip? If you need any other tips or suggestions for your itinerary, don't hesitate to ask!

Joris

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Dec 2018 6:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello Joris,I've been to Ireland more often for the last few years. There are just a few places that are only interesting for us. Nothing special. Or just because something very special.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Dec 2018 10:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hi Joachim,

Very mysterious - but I think I know what you mean! :)

Enjoy your time together in these non-special places that are so special to you. I hope you'll have a wonderful trip! 

Here's a little video with some things you can expect on your upcoming visit.

I'd love to hear back from you afterwards to hear how it all went!

Joris
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Dec 2018 11:48 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello Joris, it is not mysterious.
It is the coffee on the beach-promenade at Tramore.
It is the view and the bouncy moss at some special places on the Copper Coast.
It is the very special JJ's Dinner Truck before Yougal with real people and great staff and a strong tea.
It is that (for Germans) terribly unhealthy breakfast in Dungarvan, which tastes so Wonderful.
It's the bread rolls from the excellent bakery in Cappoquinn and the many people in rubber boots at the snack bar Cornerstone in Cappoquinn. The same unhealthy food that tastes just as good as breakfast in Dungarvan.
It's just better to forget the German doctor in Ireland. Then there is this Supvervalue in Glanmire with the wide selection and the gas station with the delicious ice cream to gasoline. 
It is the best italian Pizza in an irish Pub in Cork and the best Fish and Chips, deliverd in the Pub.

Ireland with its world-famous sights and fascinating landscapes is magnificent. But much bigger are the many little things and the many, nice, sometimes grumpy, warm people who are always so nice and helpful. They always have a good mood. Especially there and then when there are no tourists nearby. This is not mysticism and no wonder, they are just nice people in a normal world for them. That's special for me. And that's what I like. And that's what I want to show my guests on the tour. (.... and of course the Sightseeing Highlights...)
 So, no mysterious thing. "Only" Ireland. Hopefully, that was what you think to know :-)

All the best, Joachim

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 12 Dec 2018 4:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Island of Ireland
Hi Joachim,

Thank you for your answer. I just love these little memory gems you shared. 💚 It's often the "small" things that stay with you the most. I can see how these little and very real places, people and experiences define what Ireland is to you. Very heartfelt words. 

Joris
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 22 Feb 2019 4:15 AM
View Quick Profile
Hey Joachim,

We were in the same spot in 2012; inquired about who knew family/friends in Ireland who wanted to drive us around for 10 days. A co-worker had a friend in Ireland, who needed extra cash; she drove us around in a rental that we paid for, and stayed with us the entire 10 days, 24/7!
We paid the driver $1500 USD, and paid for her room each night.
We had such a great time, and got lots of discounted B&Bs, because she negotiated for a cheaper price.
We did the same thing in 2017; got a guy driver that time. Paid €1000, same terms; he wasn't as personable, though.

Don't know if you're in the US; if so, check Irish- American newspapers for ads for drivers. Also Fodors Forums, Europe/Ireland.
Best of luck!

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 18 Dec 2019 1:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Joachim, 

We would all love to hear more about your trip last autumn! Were you able to find a driver who could show you around the island? What did you get to see and do during your five days here? :)