I really want to make my trip to Ireland special, what experiences can I try while I'm there?

I really want to make my trip to Ireland special, what experiences can...

Author
Posted Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:21 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Visiting Ireland can often be a once in a lifetime trip, so it’s no wonder that you want to make it special. There are lots of new and exciting experiences for you to try while you’re here, so get ready for adventure on your next visit to Ireland.

Nature’s paradise can be found in the Garden of Ireland, County Wicklow. The Glendalough Valley in the Wicklow Mountains National Park is a beautiful spot for walkers to while away an afternoon. But did you know that when the light fades, you can participate in a bat walk? At dusk, watch as the bats sweep through the trees and over the lakes. Experts are on hand to keep track of the bats, while revealing all kinds of unusual facts about these misunderstood animals.

If you’re not a fan of nocturnal creatures, why not visit the Aran Islands located off County Galway and take part in a festival dedicated to one of Ireland’s favourite comedies, Father Ted! Take in the stunning landscapes of Inishmore as you celebrate all things Father Ted at this three-day festival. An annual event since 2004, people from all over the world flock to the islands dressed as their favourite characters from the show. Activities include tug-of-war, a disco and quiz, as well as many more.

For more events involving iconic TV shows, head to Northern Ireland where you can enter Game of Thrones® territory. Filming of the hit TV show took place all over the island of Ireland, but it’s in Castle Ward, which was used as a filming location for Winterfell, that you can immerse yourself in Westeros. Meet the Master-at-Arms, who can teach you how to become a master archer, or wield an axe like a warrior. Try on the armour and feel like a true Stark at Winterfell.

For those who want more adrenaline-filled adventures, get the ultimate rush with cliff jumping in Ballintoy in County Antrim. Explore the coastline with Coasteering NI while their experienced guides help you jump into the sea. Sounds scary? You’re fully protected with a wetsuit and helmet and there’s a range of heights you can jump from, so whatever your confidence level there’s a jump for you!

If you head down the Antrim coastline, you can try walking the magnificent Gobbins cliff path. Walk above the choppy waters and taste the salt on the wind as you pass through Wise’s Eye and begins your wild adventure above the sea.

Can our Community members recommend any other unique experiences to try in Ireland?