I'm going on a surfing trip to Bundoran, but what else can I do while I'm there?

I'm going on a surfing trip to Bundoran, but what else can I do while...

Author
Posted Thu 21 Feb 2019 9:27 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Host of the European Surfing Championship several times, Bundoran is the best place on the island of Ireland for your surfing adventures! Catch the high waves of the Atlantic and ride the swells of the ocean all day in the surf capital of Ireland. Don’t worry if your group has varying levels of experience, there are plenty of spots to suit all abilities! For more experienced surfers, try The Peak, and for beginners, one of the best spots is Rosses Point.

But when you tire of surfing, there’s still plenty to do in this charming seaside spot. You’re sure to get a warm welcome from the locals in town. If you visit in the summer, be sure to head to the Sea Sessions surf and music festival. Here you can listen to a range of international and Irish acts playing a mix of traditional and up-to-date musical hits. Three stages are dedicated to getting the party going so a sing-along is always welcome!

A short walk outside of town, you’ll find yourself in the picturesque Tullan Strand. Go for a swim or just walk along the beach and take in the views. While you’re in the area, you might find an unusual rock formation – the Fairy Bridges. The Fairy Bridges are sea stacks formed hundreds of years ago and were believed by locals to be haunted by fairies, hence the name!

Another unusual natural phenomenon is the Wishing Chair, believed to grant the wishes for the lucky few who visit. It’s said if you tap the seat twice you’re committed to the wish, and it’s more likely to come true!

Bundoran is also home to one of Ireland’s oldest golf courses. Founded in 1894, Bundoran Golf Club was designed by Harry Vardon – the record-breaking, six-time winner of The Open. This 18-hole, par 70 course is a challenge, even for experienced golfers, but you can’t help but admire the view of the Atlantic ocean as you go around the course.

Can our Community members recommend any other places in Bundoran for people to visit?