I love the show Derry Girls! Where can I visit on a trip to this city?

I love the show Derry Girls! Where can I visit on a trip to this city?...

Author
Posted Thu 14 Mar 2019 10:15 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Derry Girls was a massive hit from the moment it hit our screens in early 2018, so it’s no wonder there are so many fans who want to visit their great city to find out more! Derry Girls is set in The Walled City in Northern Ireland and the series is a great showcase of all the fantastic sights that the city has to offer!

The city is famous for being the only completely walled city in Europe, with these walls remaining remarkably well preserved for over 400 years. Walk along the walls and take in the sights and sounds that are unique to this historic city.

If history is your thing, you’ve come to the right place! Derry~Londonderry has a long and fascinating history that stretches back hundreds of years – the city is home to a lost Spanish Armada ship, La Trinidad Valencera! There are a number of guided tours that you’re able to join to find out more about this amazing city, and the people that shaped it.

In between the action shots of the TV series, you may have glimpsed some of the city’s most iconic landmarks. Within the city walls, your first stop should be to the city’s most distinctive building; the Guildhall. With its bright orange bricks, vivid stained glass windows and neo-gothic architecture that’s unlike any other building in the city, you’ll be amazed at this attraction. Head inside for a number of exhibitions detailing the history of the city.

You may have noticed on the show some bright murals that are unique to this city. Known as the Bogside Murals, they are famous worldwide for their honest portrayal of the Troubles, the era in which Derry Girls is set. These murals are dotted around the Bogside area and detail one of the most turbulent periods in the city’s history.

Can our community members recommend any other places in this city for people to visit?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/14-03-2019/3b51eb1b-0b4a-4130-92a9-14b.jpeg