Places of interest and places to go hiking

Places of interest and places to go hiking

Author
Posted Thu 30 May 2019 6:30 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
The Bluestack mountains in Donegal fabulous walking countryside . Nestled between Donegal town and Letterkenny .

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 31 May 2019 2:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Konrad,

Loving the video! So amazingly tranquil, you really caught the remoteness. Especially like the shots of you walking there in that wide landscape (that was you, wasn't it?).

How much time does it take to get all the images together to make a video? Do you start out with an idea in your head and then you pick the places to hike, or do the images present themselves while you're walking?

I really like the shot of the clouds coming down the side of the mountain as well, mystic Ireland in a nutshell.

Looking forward to more!

Warm regards,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 31 May 2019 3:52 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Cornelia
Yeah that’s me walking on the road . Most of these walks can take 4 to 6 hours , then I spend hours editing and finding music that hasn’t got any copyright . Usually I pick somewhere to walk and the images will present themselves .
I have loads more videos so watch this space .
Konrad .
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 31 May 2019 7:00 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hi Konrad,

That's such a lovely process, it's as if the surroundings present themselves to you to be included in the videos! 😊

Do you have special equipment to capture the images? I understand you have a drone, but the quality of your images is brilliant!

Do you ever document the routes you take as a sort of guide?

Warm regards,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 31 May 2019 8:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Well the drones show ya in 4K and I also use a go pro hero 7 black which also shoot 4K so the quality is up there .
A lot of the places I go you can walk anywhere for as long or as short as you want , other places are dedicated walks .
Konrad
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 31 May 2019 8:40 PM
View Quick Profile
Here’s another trek I did over the Christmas holidays . Benbradagh in the northern Sperrins overlooking Dungiven . There’s a toad that runs up the back of the mountain . Gates stop you there and from there on you walk up the road . Fantastic view of Lough Foyle with the Donegal hills in the background.

Konrad

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 1 Jun 2019 11:49 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)Community Expert (8.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 22
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Fri 12 Apr 2024 10:28 AM Visits: 2.8K
Hi Konrad,

It's clear to see these videos are the result of several passions coming together. Wonderful when that happens. 
Thanks for sharing your local knowledge here - I'm really looking forward to see some more of your hikes!

Joris
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 2 Jun 2019 10:36 AM
View Quick Profile
Here’s the latest one I’ve put together of Dunluce Castle on the north coast . Particularly proud of this one 👍

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Island of Ireland
It's lovely to see Dunluce from a diferent angle, you usually don't get a chance to see it from high up and out to sea!

It's such an amazing place and I love how you caught the light on the sea there, it just adds a little extra to the atmosphere of Dunluce.

Could wander around there for hours, just imagining the lives of the people who lived there!

If you want to embed the videos in your post, at the bottom there's an "insert" button and it will let you add a video-URL. It will still go to the videos on your Youtube channel, but it will show them in your post instead of the link.

Very much looking forward to your next video!
Warm regards,
Cornelia

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 4 Jun 2019 9:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you
It was a wonderful evening on this fabulous country I call Home .
Konrad