Dublin to Doolin travel options

Dublin to Doolin travel options

Author
Posted Tue 19 Nov 2019 6:03 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks, just nervous about the visa for my wife. There is not reason to refuse the visitor visa but still  alittle worried

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 Nov 2019 10:06 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hopefully, everything will be OK and you hear back very soon about the visa.

Please keep us posted, and we look forward to welcoming you next month!
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 Dec 2019 9:31 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Melin,Martin
Visa sorted :-)
Am I correct in thinking that the shuttle service for the cliffs of Moher is not available over December?
I would like to park near Hags Head and walk all the way up then get a shuttle back to my car...
Thanks
Ronnie

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 Dec 2019 11:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Ronnie, 

I'm so happy the Visa got sorted! Wonderful news. :D 

The Cliffs of Moher Shuttle operates 8 times daily during June, July and August, but unfortunately not during the rest of the year. Would a taxi be an option instead? 

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 Dec 2019 12:19 PM
View Quick Profile
I guess a taxi would work. I looked at the route and I think would like to walk from Hags Head to O'Brien's tower so its not that far to taxi back. I could also jog back and fetch the car, I am fairly fit and 5km is not a problem at all :-)

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Dec 2019 10:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
I am impressed; I could not jog for even 1km! 😂

It's great that you are looking at all the options as the weather can change quickly, something to keep in mind if you go for the jog.
Here is a website I use to get an idea of cost and transportation options. The taxi would be under 15€ it seems.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 11 Dec 2019 2:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Thanks very much for the info

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Feb 2020 12:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Ronnie,

So how did everything go?

I hope you and your wife had a great time.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Feb 2020 12:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Elodie
We absolutely loved Ireland!
Doolin was not too busy with tourist buses and we enjoyed the pubs and live music. Loved the Cliffs of Moher so much, that I went back a 2nd time, even in the wind and rain :-)
People are very friendly.
Then we spent 2 nights in Wicklow Mountains and watched the hooley show at Johnnie Fox's which we loved as well :-) We went to Johnnie Fox's both nights we were there. Took a drive through the mountains to Glendalough, saw Guinness Lake and the P.S I love you bridge.
Then Dingle for 3 nights for new year which was good fun, but the pub crawling hammered us ;-D
Then back to Dublin for the last 3 nights.
We were exhausted after it all but loved it and would go on another trip there in a heartbeat :-)

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Feb 2020 3:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Ronnie, 

Thanks so much for getting back to us! I could not be happier to hear that you had such a good time here. It's great that you even went to the Cliffs of Moher twice! :D Did all of the public transport and taxi's work out okay?

You've seen and done so much in the time you were here, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. What did you get up to for those 3 days in Doolin and in Dublin? 

Thanks again for sharing your experiences here. It's lovely to read about your adventures. :)