New Year Eve

New Year Eve

Author
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 6:33 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Husband and I are coming on 30th Dec to 3rd Jan, staying in Dublin. I know about the count down.
Looking for a pub with live music - where the locals would embrace away from all tourist pub.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 10:43 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Where are you staying? Best to be walking distance from your hotel as it will be so busy and public transport will be packed. There are enough pubs in Dublin that you'll always be walking distance from a few pubs :-) 

Áine 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 10:50 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Lesley,

Great to hear you're coming to Dublin for New Year's Eve. Dublin has loads of pubs to choose from but I'd recommend Walshs in Stoneybatter ( http://www.walshsstoneybatter.ie/ ) It's a cosy old style pub and they have regular traditional music sessions! It's away from the Temple Bar district, which can be quite touristy.

Hope this helps! If you want any other recommendations, don't hesitate to send a message :)

All the best and hope you enjoy the time in Dublin!
Dee, Specialized Travel Services

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 12:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 3 hours ago Visits: 22K
Hi Lesley,
Dublin will be busy on New Year's Eve! Here are a couple of suggestions from me - 
Stag's Head - is a great city centre pub, which is authentic. No live music, but great ambiance.
Further afield - Finnegan’s in Dalkey. Great authentic, local pub with a village feel.
Kehoe’s - is always buzzing!

I hope the above helps. Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 12:05 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Lesley, 

It's great that you and your husband will be celebrating New Year's Eve with us here in Dublin! :)

If you'd like to celebrate with the locals, a local pub is a great place to be for the countdown. Have you booked your accommodation yet? If so, where in the city will you be staying? 

Dee has already provided you with a great suggestion, and you can find lovely pubs like this all around the city. For a full list, take a look on this page. You can also search via the handy map view, which helps to locate where they are. :)

What else do you have planned for your time in Dublin? 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Nov 2019 5:29 PM
View Quick Profile
We are staying 8 Bride Street, Dublin, IRL. Thank you for your help and links.
Dee, Walsh's in Stoneybatter is about 20 minutes walk so that's a on the list.
Christoph, does Kehoe’s have music?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 21 Nov 2019 9:11 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 3 hours ago Visits: 22K
Good morning Lesley,
I am not 100% sure if Kehoe's has music every night, but I am pretty sure they will have some on New Year's Eve. Might be best to contact them directly?
Another couple of suggestions would be - 
Cassidys on 42 Camden Street Lower, Dublin
Ryan's of Camden Street
I hope this helps.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 21 Nov 2019 9:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Thank you I will 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:07 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
It sounds like you may well be sorted for the New Year celebrations now! Thanks to Dee and Áine for there helpful suggestions and my colleagues too. :)

What else have you and your husband planned for your time in and around Dublin?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:31 AM
View Quick Profile
Nothing, we have been before and this is our 3rd time. So, have done the Guinness Museum, castle when over to do the Giant's Causeway. Was thinking about doing Cliffs of Moher, would like to go Cork, but it may be bit on the cold side.