Travel to Ireland

Travel to Ireland

Author
Posted Sat 5 Sep 2020 9:03 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I want travel to North Ireland for spending vacations after this viral pandemic. It is my first travel for abroad, so please help me in packing the backpack and other necessary items.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Sep 2020 10:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Dave, 

It is so exciting that you have chosen Northern Ireland as your first-ever destination to travel abroad! 😀 I would love to provide you with all the tips, ideas and suggestions you need for your trip once we can safely travel again.

In Northern Ireland, you can expect to find beautiful views, bustling cities and delicious local food. What do you have in mind so far for your time here, and is there anything, in particular, you wouldn't want to miss? Have you decided how long you'd like to travel around for, and do you have a preferred type of transportation? 

I have collected a few threads for you below so you can get an idea of what is available: 

- Staycation (Suggestions and recommendations for Northern Ireland and other areas.)
- Where to eat in Northern Ireland
- Daytrips from Belfast City

June also planned a first-ever trip to Northern Ireland, and you can read more about her plans in this thread.

In the 'What should I pack when I visit Ireland' thread you can find everything you need to know to prepare and pack for your trip. My personal recommendations are to bring good footwear, clothes you can layer, a good raincoat and of course a camera to capture all of your adventures. 😊

Lastly, you can keep an eye on the developments, updates and information around Covid-19 and travel to the Emerald Isle on the Traveller Health page.

I know this is a lot of information, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. I absolutely love exploring Northern Ireland, so I'm always happy to help. 💚 

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Sep 2020 11:04 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Melin,

You have solved all my concerns and also give me a complete guide in a form of different useful threads. I hope these all information will make my journey happy and memorable. In the meantime, I have also another query to that I am frequently  internet user and never missed any episodes of my favorite tv shows and series. For this internet freedom, you know I need a good VPN but which will fulfilled my requirements, One of my friend suggest me a link https://www.purevpn.com/servers/ireland-vpn but I don't know this is a good option or not. So please help me in this finding as well. Thank 

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Sep 2020 11:28 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Island of Ireland
Hi Dave, 

I'm so happy this is the information you were looking for!

As I am personally not very familiar with the use of VPN services here on the island I wouldn't be able to recommend a particular provider. In this case, my advice would be to look for reviews and recommendations from other users, or for example Trustpilot, to find the right provider for you. 

For more on internet use and WiFi, take a look at the 'I want to stay connected while on holiday. What's the WiFi like, and what electronics can I bring?' thread.

I hope this was helpful, and I'm always here if there's anything else you'd like to know. :) 
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Sep 2020 1:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank You Melin,

I looked on that thread and it is also really informative to know which electronic items I need to bring. Secondly, I appreciate your suggestion to visit a Trustpilot for better option and I hope I will get it.
 Thank You again.
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 5 Sep 2020 1:38 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
That's great. Dave! :) I hope you'll be able to find the right VPN for your travels, but you've started planning on time, so I'm sure you'll be well prepared when the time comes. 

Again, the Community is always here if you need anything, so please don't hesitate to reach out here. 

Happy planning! 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 7 Sep 2020 7:10 AM
View Quick Profile
Sure!