Where could I pick up a great Irish gift?

Where could I pick up a great Irish gift?

Author
Posted Thu 12 Nov 2020 2:44 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm hooked
I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)I'm hooked (576 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Apr 2022 1:52 PM Visits: 248
There are so many great Irish crafts and gifts to choose from this Christmas, so you’re definitely going to be spoiled for choice this year.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/12-11-2020/87160fd5-c303-4a88-97b1-aae3.jpg

County Donegal has been famous for its tweed since the late 1700s. At Studio Donegal each piece is handwoven and is made in the mill in Kilcar, in the southwest of the county. There’s a great selection of coats and capes, as well as lovely gift ideas such as cup warmers, coasters and even tweed book marks. Pretty much everything you need for a cosy Christmas! 

The beautiful landscape of the Mourne Mountains is an enduring inspiration for Mourne Textiles, which mixes modern designs and traditional techniques. Based in the foothills of the Mourne Mountains, these designers are experts on all things warm and cosy, and their Mended Tweed Blankets are a particular treat. Browse the website to bring a touch of Ireland into your home.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/12-11-2020/60a022fd-d5d7-41f9-ae89-890c.jpg

Why not treat yourself to some jewellery from the Steensons collection, Northern Ireland’s leading craft jewellers. Each piece is just as unique as the other, with a bold and contemporary design. Steensons worked on designs for the HBO series Game of Thrones®, which was filmed around the Antrim coast, and a piece from their Game of Thrones® collection is a great choice for any Winterfell fans out there.

Louis Mulcahy is one of Ireland’s most famous potters based on the Dingle Peninsula. He too is inspired by his surroundings when creating his masterpieces in County Kerry. Some of the best sellers are his lamps, sold in all shapes and gorgeous colours. Keep an eye out, too, for other County Kerry craft potters including David Holden Ceramics, who uses local Dingle clay create his pieces, and Fermoyle Pottery, whose creative tableware graces some of Ireland’s top restaurants.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/12-11-2020/c5b59b7b-2deb-4070-8fd2-5a38.jpg

The Burren Perfumery is a family-run company in the west of Ireland that makes perfumes and cosmetics using only natural and organic ingredients, and is inspired by the lovely limestone landscape of the Burren. As well as beautifully wrapped soaps, there are fragrances, lotions, herbal balms and scents. Grab one of the handmade gift sets for your friends, family or just for yourself!

No festive table is complete without a cheese platter. Using an age-old method, SLATED create unique homeware pieces, including cheese boards, using this natural stone. The family-owned company is based in Dublin, and has tons of great and unique gift ideas including candleholders, coasters and place mats, cake plates and even a lazy susan!

So, hopefully these Irish treats will keep you happy until you’re able to come and visit us again! Are there any other Irish-owned shops that our community members think deserve to be on this list?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/12-11-2020/a2df2fea-ac10-4f15-99ae-e318.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 13 Nov 2020 1:03 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/13-11-2020/9955ae03-92d4-47a5-9297-34c5.png

A B&B Ireland Gift Voucher -
something to look forward to for when we can travel again

The ideal Christmas gift
B&B Ireland gift vouchers are the ideal Christmas gift and are guaranteed to make someone feel very cared for this festive season.

With over 700 bed and breakfasts to choose from
B&B Ireland gift vouchers are not B&B-specific, meaning that the lucky recipient can choose their own destination. B&B Ireland has Bed & Breakfasts located throughout the island of Ireland, in city, town, farm and country locations. Guests are guaranteed luxury, comfort and delicious food, all of which contributes to making your getaway that extra bit special. You can purchase gift vouchers online and be that one person that everyone’s always secretly wondering how they constantly manage to get the ideal Christmas gift.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 28 Jan 2021 5:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Here are even more wonderful shops to choose from, with everything from clothing, crafts and unique Irish products to bring a bit of the Emerald Isle into your home. 😊
Feel free to share your own personal favourites with us in this thread as well! 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/28-01-2021/ce54495f-c4d1-490e-9ca2-d27f.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Aug 2022 5:43 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 2 Mar 2023 6:40 PM Visits: 96
You could pick up a great Irish gift in almost every small village. 
Even one simple stone and drift wood can be  a great memory.

Many great artist have  their own online shops.

If you want to pick up a great Irish gift - you might consider to visit this online shop with Handmade unique gifts.

Rings | Earrings | Necklaces | Bracelets | Brooches

Thank you.

Attachments
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 8:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 17 Apr 2024 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Thanks for this lovely information, there is indeed a thriving cottage industry of artisans all over the island of Ireland. ☘️

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Sep 2022 10:36 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 5 Sep 2022 10:36 AM Visits: 2
If you can't decide what you want to buy you always have the opportunity to buy some nice traditional irish stuff online, for example here: Gifts of Ireland  or here: Celtic Cross Online. I am sure you will find some cute pieces. 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 6 Sep 2022 6:11 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
That is such a great idea, Aidan! Especially if you have something special in mind you couldn't pick up on your last trip or to surprise a loved one! ☘️ 💚
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 25 Feb 2023 6:15 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 25 Feb 2023 6:18 PM Visits: 232
I think a great gift idea could be some handmade soaps/candles/deodorants. There is a company called Vico Deodorant who make handcrafted deodorants. You can also go for more traditional irish gifts for women/men like claddagh rings, celtic crosses etc. Prices range from 30 USD up to 100's of dollars. For lower range of prices you can try The Irish Gift Company whereas for more expensive items I would try someone like Keane's jewelers. 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 2 Mar 2023 11:02 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 4
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 2 Mar 2023 11:02 AM Visits: 134
Pick up the Irish chocolate and you must enjoy it for sure. Love the smooth and rich texture. Either truffle or even a chocolate hamper will be a great choice.
https://www.lirchocolates.com/collections/chocolate-hampers