Translation into Gaelic

Translation into Gaelic

Author
Posted Mon 3 Jan 2022 9:01 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)Gaining Respect (182 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 3 Jan 2022 10:31 PM Visits: 238
Hello,

I'm looking for the translations into gaelic of these two proverbs. I can't find them anywhere and when I'm using an online translator almost every one give me a different result. I want to engrave them into an necklace for my girlfriend who had a rough time recently.

1. Face the sun, but turn your back to the storm
2. Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance

Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Cologne, Germany
Kai
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 4 Jan 2022 9:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Kai,

Thanks for asking your question, it sounds like a wonderful idea for your girlfriend! 💚

Translations can be tricky as there isn't always a direct translation from English into Irish for many phrases. Most of the online translators use the word for word process which doesn't work in most cases.

Hopefully, some of our members will be able to help with these translations into Gaeilge (Irish language).

There are several different dialects here on the island of Ireland, you may wish to take a look at the Gaeltacht website to see the different areas and maybe they would be able to help too.

Best wishes,

Martin