Best Friend St. Patrick’s Day Special Gift

Best Friend St. Patrick’s Day Special Gift

Author
Posted Sun 9 Jan 2022 5:33 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 12 Dec 2023 11:16 PM Visits: 14

Hello!

I just want to start off by saying, I hope everyone is having a pleasant day. (: So I have a best friend who lives in America, but has Irish roots. I am a Bosnian. I’ve been best friends with my Irish bestie for over 5+ years. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful friend. And he isn’t bothered that I’m Muslim either. He and I started working together and one day we just clicked right away. It was the start of a wonderful friendship. He loved my jokes. I loved his jokes. I’ve been there for him and his family through good and bad times. I’ve been a loyal friend to him. Even after his stepdad passed away, or when my best friend’s mom had a car accident. I was there to help her while the mother was injured. I helped her get groceries and helped her many other ways. I was there to comfort them through hard times. Without wanting anything in return. He shared his culture with me. I shared my culture with him. I let him make Muslim jokes, while I laughed so hard. I felt pure happiness to be around his family and him. I didn’t have a lot of positive individuals in my life. I guess you can say, I was lonely before I met my Irish best friend. Not a lot of people wanted to be my friend. Until my best friend came along. It changed my life forever. I really would like to do something special for my best friend for St. Patrick’s Day. By giving him and his family a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day gift. I spend time with them during Christmas too every year. I am planning on getting my friend a gift for him that comes straight from Ireland. Maybe a custom tshirt? Maybe a nice accessory? I’m not sure what to get him. Which is why I would like some help from you Irish citizens or anyone with Irish roots. Something that is meaningful and makes him & his family think of their motherland roots. Not something that is made in America. But straight from the country, Ireland. I’m proud to have Irish folks as friends. I want him and his family to be happy with my St. Patrick’s Day gift. Irish people are some of the finest people on earth. I’m not dishonest when I say that. We have things in common in both cultures, like drinking beer for instance. So maybe someone can suggest some ideas to me? Are there any stores in Ireland that can ship to Virginia (USA) if I order something?? I really appreciate any and all help. Thank you so much for reading! I hope you all have an amazing day!! 😊💚
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 9 Jan 2022 10:28 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
Hello Anesa,

It sounds like you have such a special connection with your best friend and I'm so glad you got a glimpse of Irish culture thanks to him. 
There are so many gifts ideas for St Patrick's day, or to celebrate friendship in general.

I can think of a few gifts made in Ireland that would be suitable, such as a Claddagh ring (which are given as tokens of enduring relationships -- platonic or romantic), a traditional Aran woolen sweater, or maybe a bottle of Irish whiskey or gin if that's what he likes. A traditional instrument like a bodhran or a tin whistle could also be great if your friend likes music. 
The shops hyperlinked can usually ship to the United States, and drinks made in Ireland would be easy to find in your area.

I hope this will help you narrow down the perfect gift and wish you a great day ahead!

Cheers,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 26 Jul 2023 3:09 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
Hello! It's wonderful to hear about the strong bond and friendship you share with your Irish best friend. Your desire to give him and his family a meaningful St. Patrick's Day gift that connects them to their Irish roots is heartwarming.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 21 Aug 2023 8:48 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Bodhran is a good instrument to learn. Maybe you should also check that out.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Oct 2023 6:29 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I saw this article on bodhrans online. I thought some of you might be interested.

https://medium.com/@cassidybole0712/exploring-different-bodhran-styles-and-techniques-f79631e6d1c0