Covid19 Requirements to enter Ireland from the US

Covid19 Requirements to enter Ireland from the US

Author
Posted Mon 28 Feb 2022 12:48 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 16 May 2022 2:08 AM Visits: 1.4K
Hello!
In about 7 weeks, my son and my daughter and I will be arriving to Dublin in the month of April.  I have been repeatedly checking ireland.com and the government link to see what the COVID 19 requirements are to enter Ireland.
I would appreciate it if someone IN THE KNOW could confirm all of this, so that I will have peace of mind:
In order to enter Ireland, one of these things has to happen:
1) Fully vaccinated   OR
2) Recovered from COVID 90 days prior to boarding OR 
3) A negative PCR test 72 hrs prior to boarding   AND
4) The Passenger Locator Form filled out 72 hrs prior to boarding.

The latest update has been that as of Monday, Feb 28 all mask mandates will have been lifted in Ireland.

Can someone official please confirm this?  We will be leaving from Los Angeles with a stopover in Boston and boarding Aer Lingus in Boston arriving on April 15.   
If someone has official information about this, I would really appreciate knowing.
Thank you,
Rosaria

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Feb 2022 10:45 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 30 Sep 2024 8:55 AM Visits: 3.1K
Hi Rosaria,

We are excited to hear you are due to visit us in April. 

You would be correct in your assessment, however, according to government guidelines, you need to show proof of covid recovery in the last 6 months, not 90 days. Please refer to our traveler health page which has all the relevant information. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. 

Cathaoir 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 Feb 2022 10:29 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)I'm into this (219 reputation)
Thank you so much! We are all so excited to come and visit!  Would be able to tell me what the weather is like during the month of April? Is there a lot of rain? Is it humid for the most part because of the ocean...or?  whatever gaps you can fill in, I would appreciate!
Rosaria
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 1 Mar 2022 9:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)Community Expert (385 reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 14
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 30 Sep 2024 8:55 AM Visits: 3.1K
You are very welcome, Rosaria. 

April is statistically the driest month of the year, but it's always important to have a coat on you just in case as it can still be hard to predict what the weather will be like. Please also refer to our 'what to pack' page which might be of interest in helping you prepare. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to answer. 

Cathaoir
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 2 Mar 2022 6:34 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
Thank you so much for this information!  I will definitely ask if more questions come to mind. Thank you,
Rosaria
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 3 Mar 2022 3:32 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
Good morning, Cathoir!
Please forgive me, but something else came to mind- I know we are going to need charger/converter to keep our technology going- we will have 3 phones, laptop, cameras,-- do you have any suggestions as to what to buy?  I remember years ago, I bought something here to go to Italy and after a couple of usages, it burnt out.  
Thank you for whatever help you can lend,
Rosaria
P.S.  Is it true that there is a version of my name in Ireland?  Rosari?????

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 3 Mar 2022 6:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Rosaria!

Packing for your trip is certainly very important! In regards to what kind of charger to pack, the best advice that I could offer would be to choose a charger and converter that has high user ratings, is made by a trusted company, and is preferably weatherproof - just in case. A good tip would be to buy your charger now and use it fairly regularly, just to make sure that it's functioning correctly and is reliable. Then, if there is a problem with your device, then you won't find out during your trip. 

As for your name, I hadn't heard of that before! I believe the root of Rosaia is Latin, so Latin-speaking countries may have different variations. There are a few Irish names I know of that are close to yours, though. Rosaleen and Róisín come to mind, in fact. Both of these names mean rose, which is a close cousin to the meaning of your name, a wreath of roses. 

It is very interesting how similar these names are, both in how they sound and in their meaning! I am sure there's a very interesting story behind how this name changed for different cultures.

Thank you for the very interesting conversation!

~Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 6 Mar 2022 2:04 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
Hi Rochelle!
Thanks for the advice...but I'm wondering, if it's different voltage how would I be able to use it here in the US? or maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works?

Interesting about the name Rosaria-- but that young man I met in Canada, who was Irish, I specifically remember him saying that his mom's name was Rosari???? At any rate, my name, Rosaria was given to me by my mom after the Madonna del Rosario (Catholic).
Who knows what part of Ireland he was from, seeing that you never heard that version of it??? It will remain a mystery, I guess!
Well, thank you again,
Rosaria
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 6 Mar 2022 10:07 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)Community Expert (353 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Tue 15 Oct 2024 4:23 PM Visits: 682
Hello, Rosaria!

You are welcome. 😊

The standard domestic electricity supply in Ireland is 230V AC, frequency 50Hz, same as in Italy.
As you may already know, the USA operates on a 120V supply voltage and 60Hz.

As long as none of your electronic devices have an AC motor in them (very unlikely) the frequency does not matter.
You just need to step up the voltage. 😉

This can be solved by purchasing an international adapter that not only fits different sockets, but on which it is specified that it also fits different voltages. You would be able to use the adapter even when you are in the USA.
I own one myself that I bought on Amazon and it has worked in several countries with no problems! 💯

The name Rosari exists in several Latin-speaking countries, as Rochelle said. Even though Rosari is a rare name in Ireland, it was a wonderful coincidence that you met someone with their own mother named Rosari! 

For any other questions, we are here. ☘️

Elisa

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 6 Mar 2022 5:43 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
Hello!
Thank you, Elisa for the detailed information on the converters. I do appreciate that.
Yes, it was wonderful that I met someone who knew about my name, who was Irish!
I can't wait to get there- counting the weeks now, soon, it will be days,
Rosaria