Would you like to help with a TV documentary project?

Would you like to help with a TV documentary project?

Author
Posted Tue 14 Jun 2022 9:28 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 9
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 16 Jun 2022 8:57 AM Visits: 267
Dear Ireland-Fans, especially Fans of the Ring of Kerry!

My name is Stefan Heinrich, I am a TV-Journalist from Hamburg, Germany working for the german national tv channel ARD/NDR where I produce the documentary mareTV ((https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/mare_tv). We are currently planning a 45-minute documentary about the Ring of Kerry and it would be a great if you guys could support me on this project I could use the swarm intelligence of the internet for my research.

I am especially looking for people whom are closely related to the ocean or water environment in general - I try to explain a bit: We are looking for people who are not necessarily on the internet or have something to do with tourist attractions - I guess you could call them typical locals with interesting stories that are somehow connected to the water environment. In principle, however, all topics are conceivable - the more "local, authentic and un-touristic", the greater the chance of being considered a topic for mareTV. Maybe you can help me with your local knowledge or know someone who is well versed in this subject. 

I will be in Kerry between July 3rd and July 7th myself so its easy for me to meet and talk to people  -  without a camera, just for research and talking to people, It would be great if I could come and visit you to introduce myself and tell you more about my documentary project. The actual filming will take place first two weeks of August 2022)

Please let me know your thoughts and pm me if you are interested.  Thank you very much!  

Here is some background information about us and our program: We are an independent television production company and produce the documentary series mareTV (OceanTV, www.maretv.de), broadcast twice a month on German television channel NDR (North German Broadcasting Corporation, a member of the ARD network). On average, mareTV has an audience of over one million viewers nationwide. After first broadcast the series is distributed to networks around the globe. mareTV is an award-winning prime time format which takes viewers to the most beautiful coastal areas of the world and tells the stories of the extraordinary people whose lives are shaped by the sea and the coast.  

All the best, Stefan Heinrich
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 14 Jun 2022 5:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hey Stefan,

How exciting!

We shared this thread on Twitter, calling on our Kerry followers to jump in and help you.

We also have threads from Angélique and Mumu, who shared their experience around the Ring of Kerry. You may find some interesting information there too. 

Jenifer might also be able to help. She is based in Dublin but also has excellent insight around the island.

Eager to see all the advice and welcome you in July! ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 16 Jun 2022 6:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)Forum Guru (1.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 10
Waterville, Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 16 Jun 2022 7:06 AM Visits: 36
Stefan,

I’m an American who has now lived in Waterville for 9 years. I’d be glad to talk with you, and can give you some suggestions for others not on social media. I can be reached as TodayInIreland on Twitter Instagram FaceBook or @gmail and .com.

I have some wonderful tips for snorkelers & divers; ocean swimmers; horsemen; cyclists; walkers, and others.

Susan Baughman

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 29 Jun 2022 8:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)Community Expert (39K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Stefan,

How are you and how is your research going?

Just to let you know that the Ionad an Bhlascaoid - The Blasket Centre, has officially reopened yesterday and their exhibition could help you with the evolution and roots of that deep link the locals have with the area and water.

Looking forward to hearing from you. ☘️