Gaelic Football

Gaelic Football

Author
Posted Thu 7 Jul 2022 7:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 10 Jul 2022 7:42 AM Visits: 14
Hi,
we are on a road trip in Ireland from 13 to 23 July, and I would very much like to attend a Gaelic football game, even with little teams :-)
Do you know where to find a calendar and booking options ?

Thanks a lot !
Celine
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 7 Jul 2022 10:59 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Céline,

It's so good to hear that you'll be stopping by to see our island! And your trip is right around the corner, that must be exciting!

I'd be happy to help you plan for the perfect Irish getaway. If you're interested in attending a Gaelic Football match, I'd recommend taking a look at the GAA, the Gaelic Athletic Association, for information about official matches across Ireland. You may also have luck with taking a peek at this article on Gaelic games on our website, which references more helpful links and locations where these games are played. 

Once you've found where you can enjoy these games, I'd recommend searching for a home away from home using our Accommodations Finder. It is a clever tool where you can search for accommodations by area, accommodation type, and even star rating.

I'll have my fingers crossed that you find an exciting game to watch! Is there anywhere that you hope to find a match?

Kindly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 8 Jul 2022 8:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)Gaining Respect (185 reputation)
Hi Rochelle and thanks so much for your detailed answer !
I'll look into it and hopefully, i'll attend soon my first gaelic football game, thanks to you :-)

I saw this game since yesterday, do you know if there is a chance that we can find places online or just there
http://www.clonakiltygaa.ie/fixture/431 ?

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 Jul 2022 8:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi Céline!

How exciting is that? We hope that it's a good game! 🥅 

Where else on the island are you planning on exploring during your time here? A road trip is an amazing way to see the island! 🚘

If you need any help with some other ideas for your itinerary, we would love to help!

Best,
Aimee
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 Jul 2022 9:36 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hi Aimee,

Thanks for your help, it' very kind 🌝 !

Actually, we planed a roadtrip for 2 weeks around Eire :
We arrive though Cork, and we drive right to the north coast through Kilkenny,
We take time to explore the North Coast,
Then we head to Connemara for a few days though Sligo,
And before leaving, we stay also for a few days around Schull, Crookhaven etc.

I have to admit that i have a few questions if you don't mind 😅
We won't visit the Northern Ireland (except from Londonderry), is it a big mistake ?
We love hiking (but not in a professional way 😋), good places to eat or drink w/ locals, old abbeys, and just nature !

if you have any places you love and like to share, it'll be super cool !
Have a good day
Céline

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 Jul 2022 7:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
It sounds like you are really excited about your trip, Céline! What a lovely itinerary you have here!

Since you have already 2 weeks full of adventures and discoveries, you could plan on discovering Northern Ireland another time. If you still happen to have free time before or after your visit to Derry-Londonderry, you might want to check out one or two spots along the Causeway Coast.

It's great that you are planning to hike during your time with us! Here are a few tips on hiking in Ireland and the Sport Ireland website is a great resource for itineraries and maps. Traditional music pubs are great spots to hang out with locals and enjoy the live music sessions and our legendary craic!

Furthermore, there are plenty of heritage sites on your itinerary, such as Kylemore Abbey in Connemara or Gougane Barra in West Cork. Here is also some inspiration along the Wild Atlantic Way, as well as the Inishowen Peninsula and Co. Sligo

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you need anything else until your trip starts. 😊

Cheers,
Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 10 Jul 2022 7:43 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Hello Antoine and thank you so much, i change therefore our little roadtrip to pass by the causeway coast, it's a good idea !
Have a nice day
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Jul 2022 7:39 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
No problem, Céline! There are quite a few spots between Derry~Londonderry and Portrush, such as Whiterocks Beach or Mussenden Temple for instance! 

Please let us know if you need anything else until the 13th of July!

Antoine