Family in Ireland?

Family in Ireland?

Author
Posted Sat 9 Sep 2023 10:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 9 Sep 2023 10:36 AM Visits: 158
Hello, What's the craic ? My name is Vanessa. My grandfather William R. Davidson was born in Philadelphia in 1930. He came from Ireland and also Scotland. My aunt told me there could still be family around Cork in the South. I have very few information and I hope maybe someone can help to find some relatives. I plan to visit Ireland and knowing there could be some relatives is really interesting ! 
Have a nice day

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 10 Sep 2023 12:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 1 hour ago Visits: 76.1K
Hello Vanessa

It's wonderful to hear about your interest in uncovering your Irish heritage!

To delve deeper into your grandfather's family history, I suggest searching for his name in the civil records available through the General Register Office and the National Archives. Here's also a link that offers additional ressources and information.

Another option worth exploring is reaching out to county-based genealogy centers. Specifically, you can find the County Cork center on the Roots Ireland website. It might be an idea to contact them in advance to arrange a meeting with a genealogist, especially if you're planning a future trip.

Let us know how your quest for ancestral knowledge goes or if there's anything you'd like to know about County Cork!

Antoine