Accommodation in Wicklow National Park

Accommodation in Wicklow National Park

Author
Posted Wed 26 Jun 2024 1:09 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)Gaining Respect (172 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 8
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 27 Jun 2024 11:52 AM Visits: 155
I plan a tour with my family in Ireland. Dublin, Wicklow National Parc and Cork. We have no car. Can somebody tell me if there is accommodation to spent the night in the Parc? We are three in the family. How about footwear?
Marc
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 27 Jun 2024 11:19 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)Community Expert (9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 30
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 1:57 PM Visits: 77K
Dag Marc,

It's wonderful that you are coming to Ireland with your family! 

For accommodation in Wicklow National Park, there aren't any places to stay within the park itself, but I would suggest going to nearby towns like Glendalough, Laragh, and Roundwood. You can find accommodation through our search tool or by using B&B Ireland and Let's Go Self Catering. You can also wild camp in some areas of the national park if you and your family are up for it. :) 

For footwear, I recommend light hiking shoes with good grip, great to discover cities and the Wicklow mountains at the same time. Are there walking trails that you are interested in? The National Parks website lists all of them, just in case.

For traveling without a car, you can take a bus from Dublin to Glendalough with St Kevin's Bus and from Dublin to Cork with Bus Eireann or Irish Rail. Feel free to use the Journey Planner of Transport for Ireland for info on routes, tickets and schedules. 

Please us know how your plans are coming along or if you need to discuss what I just shared. 😊

Groet,
Antoine