I hear winter in Ireland is a little chilly - where can I warm up with some famous Irish tea?

I hear winter in Ireland is a little chilly - where can I warm up with...

Author
Posted Thu 10 Nov 2016 10:02 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
The Irish winter can be cold and rainy, but you can also wake up to the sun shining brightly in the sky, which is beautiful to experience! But to duck indoors for a warm-me-up cuppa, here’s where to head...

Check out Cupán Tae in Galway, which boasts a smorgasbord of tea varieties, and you can also indulge in some homemade baked creations. There’s also The Stormy Teacup of Limerick, which is draped in colour, with the walls adorned with curios – it's a must-visit to pick up a sweet treat.

In Dublin, Books Upstairs of D’Olier Street is a veritable institution amongst café afficionados. Sit amongst endless bookshelves, bask in this literary wonderland, and warm those hands. Or pop into Accents Coffee & Tea Lounge, and enjoy Dublin’s best location for low-key speakeasys and spoken word poetry.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/10-11-2016/9404f9aa-57c6-4a9a-b4d7-cc1f.jpg

Found yourself in the middle of the ocean? Teach Nan Phaidí is a quaint café in a tiny thatched cottage on Inishmore – quite literally at the edge of the world!

In Belfast, jump back in time for luxury, elegance and 5-star service with the Titanic Sunday Afternoon Tea by the Grand Staircase at the Titanic Experience. Alternatively, visit the very chic Lost and Found in Derry~Londonderry – it may be sleek, but it has a spark that makes it truly special.

And finally, if you want something entirely off the wall, Olive Bizarre of Newcastle, County Down, serves up a whole host of inventive treats from its kitschy kitchen, including mint choc bubble brownies, rainbow macarons, and incredible feats of muffin artistry. It’s also only a 40 minute drive away from another rather quirky experience – Winterfell at Castle Ward – combine the two, and it’ll be an outing made in heaven!

So you see, no matter where you land in Ireland, there’s always somewhere to sit back, relax, and get the blood flowing to your fingers again against that chilly winter weather!

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 Nov 2016 12:45 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good afternoon Samuel

Great information on where to enjoy a cuppa when out and about exploring Ireland. I know another great place where you are guaranteed a delicious cup of tea on arrival. The wonderful traditional Irish Bed & Breakfasts of Ireland. B&B hosts like to welcome their guests with a warm cuppa and some tasty home-made treats. There is nothing nicer after a long journey, or a busy day exploring, than to relax with a warm cup of Irish tea!

The B&B Experience        Bed and Breakfasts in Ireland

Cheers (with tea of course)
Claire