What's the best way to get to Dublin city centre from the airport?

What's the best way to get to Dublin city centre from the airport?

Author
Posted Fri 12 Jan 2018 3:09 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Distance-wise, Dublin Airport to the city centre is about 12km (7.5 miles) and the trip will take anywhere from 30 minutes up to an hour, depending on the time of day and traffic. You'll note the word 'traffic', as bus, car and taxi are currently the only modes of transport to and from the airport into the city. 
The easiest option would be to take a taxi, which can cost approximately €25-30, depending on time of day and traffic, and other various factors. You can check these out at Taxifarefinder.

Another option would be to take the Dublin Express, which services directly to Dublin's most popular locations. Furthermore, it also offers a bus to Belfast from Dublin Airport.

A final option is the Aircoach (or as locals call it, The Blue Bus), which services the city centre, as well as other areas around Dublin; useful, if you're staying somewhere outside of Dublin's central area. This service also costs €6 and there's no hassle with having to manage public transportation with your luggage. It runs every  15-30 minutes with three main stops in the city centre: Drumcondra, O'Connell Street and Trinity College.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your break in Dublin!

(Prices quoted are correct at time of publishing)

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 17 Nov 2019 2:02 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)I'm into this (344 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 7
Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 25 Jul 2022 8:22 PM Visits: 12
Dublin International Airport is approximately 7.5 miles or 12 kilometres from of Dublin city centre.Apart from the distance, it is good to know that if you travel from Dublin airport to Dublin city centre by,– Cab/taxi it might take you about 2o to 25 mins.– Public Transport Bus a good quick ride my be 30 mins while a busy day could take about 45 mins.– Air Coaches take roughly 25 – 30 mins (Express Busses from the Dublin Airport)– Driving by Hire car (depends)
Team Aerfortel