We came for the dancing. We stayed for the family.

We came for the dancing. We stayed for the family.

Author
Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 11:59 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My three kids and I just had a magical trip to Ireland.  Stood on the land that has been in our family for 142 years.  Here's what I wrote about it.  Epic country and wonderful people.  https://siobhankukolic.com/six-flights-three-countries-two-competitions-and-one-epic-memory/

Cheers,
Siobhan
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 3:03 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hey Siobhan! 

We're glad you had such a great time at the Irish Dancing competition, and an equally incredible time visiting your family in Ireland. There is no doubt that our country is so family orientated, and you'll even find that many communities here live together as close knit as a family!

As a massive fan of both Irish dancing and Irish traditional music, I loved reading your write up. Feel free to share any pictures or videos you took while at the championships! 

One last thing - I think this post on ireland.com might be interesting to you: https://www.ireland.com/en-gb/ireland-stories/traditional-culture/articles/irish-dancing/

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like some recommendations for your next visit to the Emerald Isle and here's a video that might appeal to you! 

Thanks, 

Shane
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 3:29 PM
View Quick Profile
We took so many pictures and my son is making a movie with the footage he took.  Such a magical country.  No strangers.  Only friends you have yet to meet.  Cheers!  Siobhan Kukolic
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/09-04-2018/25d7241b-a7ec-441c-aa3b-1411.jpg

Attachments
20180330_134652.jpg (998 views, 1.00 MB)
20180329_142610.jpg (993 views, 760.00 KB)
20180331_181203.jpg (919 views, 845.00 KB)
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 4:13 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Siobahn,

What a great adventure! 

I really enjoyed reading your story, and could just picture you and your family every step of the way!

Such fantastic photos.  You have some lovely shots of the competitors and some breathtaking ones of the Irish countryside.  It's almost like being there.  If you don't mid me asking, where were these shot?

So looking forward to seeing your son's movie!

Cheers,

Sionainn
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 12:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Thanks!  The team picture is at the Glasgow Concert Hall at the World Irish Dance Championships and the other pictures are taken in County Mayo.  Near Aghamore, Kilkelly, Urlaur Abby and Woodfield Church.  Cheers!  Siobhan Kukolic
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 17 Nov 2023 8:51 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
Irish dance and music are a thing to behold.