My First Trip to Ireland

My First Trip to Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 5 Jun 2019 1:13 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
So I am coming to Ireland the first week of August.  I am starting in Dublin and ending my trip in Killarney.  Can you give me any tips on as a first timer?  The weather,  what to see and do?

Thank you so much,
Patricia 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Jun 2019 9:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Patricia,

August is a popular time to visit the island of Ireland, with all of our attractions open so there will be plenty of choices in things to see and do.

Is there anything or anywhere in particular that you would have as a must-see for your time with us between Dublin and Killarney?

Our weather in early August is our summer going into autumn when are temperatures are our highest, at 68° F. Longish daylight days will mean plenty of time to see as much as possible before finding somewhere to spend the evening, maybe a local pub with a turf fire warming you up after a day spent outside!

No trip to Killarney is complete without some time in the National Park. Plenty of things to see and do including the wonderful Muckross House and Gardens and also Ross Castle to name but two.

I hope this gives you lots of inspiration, and hopefully, your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this list! 

Speak soon, 

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jun 2019 3:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)Industry Member (3.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 18
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 14 Dec 2023 3:10 PM Visits: 240
Hi Patricia, 

It's great to hear you are visiting Ireland in August. Expect periods of settled weather and warm sunshine. Unlike other European countries, Ireland simply doesn't get temperatures over 30°C (85°F). 😅 August is technically Fall (or Autumn, as we call it here). The average temperature ranges between 57 and 66°F. We find it's an ideal level to get out and explore, without getting too hot or too cold. Perfect for hiking, biking and other activities.

Irish weather is famously unpredictable. Whomever coined 'four seasons in one day' must have been Irish! So, just like any month, August in Ireland can sometimes bring rain showers. It's pays to be prepared. We recommend you pack a number of flexible clothing options. You'll then be able to adapt to changing weather.

Summer evenings in Ireland are lo-o-o-ng. We experience a big contrast in daylight hours between summer and winter. You'll enjoy between 14-16 hours of daylight in August. Sunset can be as late as 10pm. More of a morning person? Beautiful Irish sunrises can happen as early as 5am.

August is a great time to visit Ireland. We hope you have a great trip!

The Vagabond Team