Dublin, "My home away from home"

Dublin, "My home away from home"

Author
Posted Tue 19 May 2020 7:19 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
DUBLIN, IRELAND
"My home away from home."

Many places have made me feel at home. But there is one, in particular, that has enormous meaning in my life. Ever since I discovered Wilde's Portrait of Dorian Gray, I've always wanted to travel there. I did it in 2012 to attend a Westlife concert and meet in person some friends I made through social networks. Then I returned in 2013 to study English at Kaplan International College where I made friends from all over the world and with whom I keep in touch. That's why Dublin lives in my heart.
Here lies the Trinity College and the House of Oscar Wilde, but also, beautiful people with whom I maintained a great friendship. Its history envelops the paths of my thoughts and leads me to travel through majestic castles that tell me stories of goblins and fairy tales. Its music and culture are fascinating and their literature is simply amazing. Great writers come from Ireland, for example, Bram Stoker, James Joyce or Oscar Wilde.
It's hard not to fall in love with a city like Dublin. Where people hold your hand and always give you a great welcome. I always come back here because I listen to their traditional music and witness one of the most amazing folk dances. 
My beloved Dublin, we will soon meet again.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/19-05-2020/12581ae9-b14f-40e6-bd96-1db6.jpg

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/19-05-2020/53d7996c-1352-4f70-8eb0-ccfb.jpg

THE RIVER LIFFEY 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/19-05-2020/3f7c3ee6-4c2c-4788-82e6-be17.jpg
DUBLIN CASTLE

IRISH TREBLE "RIVERDANCE

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 May 2020 4:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
Hi Yovanny,

Welcome to Community !

Thanks for sharing your love for Ireland with us! 💚

It's incredible to see that you are such a fan of Irish literature and you keep so many friends from your time in Dublin.

We are sure that we will welcome you back on our shores in the future.

Marta ☘️

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 May 2020 3:01 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thank you very much for your comments Marta,

Yeah, I've pretty connections with Ireland and its fascinating literature. I'm living and studying in Spain, but I'm from Venezuela.
Ireland was very important in the struggle for the Freedom of my country, so we have a strong historical bond.
On the other hand, Westlife is my favourite boy's band and they are back to the stage.
I hope to see them again in Croke Park Stadium as soon as possible.

Kind regards, 

Yovanny
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 May 2020 7:35 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)
Island of Ireland
That sounds amazing, Yovanny!

For sure, as you a fan of Westlife, next time you visit us you might want to take a tour to Sligo, on the West coast.
As you probably know, Shane, Kian and Mark are originally from there. 😉

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/20-05-2020/d0fd1562-cd46-4ad2-9db8-d69c.png

Best regards,

Marta
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 May 2020 7:42 AM
View Quick Profile
Oh, my Godness Marta, 

Thanks a lot for sharing this picture. 
Yes, I know that Westlife is from Sligo. I would be a great idea to go there and visit the city but at the same time to attend to a Westlife's concert.

I'm waiting for that Irish Consulate open again the visa service to renew my visa. 

I am looking forward to being there as soon as possible.

All the best,

Yovanny
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 May 2020 10:21 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Island of Ireland
We hope that when travel will be allowed again, you can sort out your paperwork and come to visit Ireland for a Westlife concert, Yovanny.

And if you need any suggestions for your trip, Community would love to help!

Regards,

Marta ☘️
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 29 May 2020 2:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Yovanny
It was a great pleasure to read your journal about the wonderful city of Dublin, Ireland. No wonder Dublin is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. You expressed very nicely and thoughtfully why Dublin, Ireland is your home away from home. Now, I would like to travel to Ireland to experience the unique culture and beautiful people in Dublin. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
Best,
Saila

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 29 May 2020 7:22 AM
View Quick Profile
Thank you very much, Marta,
I've got faith in I'll get to sort out my paperwork. It's a matter of time only!
Regarding my travel plans, I'm glad to know that I can account with the Community.  
Within my plans is the idea to visit not only Dublin but also Galway, Sligo and Cork.
So all your help will be well received.

All the best, 

Yovanny
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 29 May 2020 7:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Dear Saila, 
Now I am the one who has no words to express my gratitude for such beautiful comments.
Thank you for understanding my feelings towards Ireland.  

Hopefully, when you decide to visit Ireland we could coincide there. That would be an amazing experience. 

I wish you all the best, 

Yovanny
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 30 May 2020 3:31 PM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (774 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
What a wonderful story, Yovanny! And not only that, can I say, the pictures are beautiful! 😍

If you're planning to go to Galway, Sligo, and Cork I would say definitely do the Wild Atlantic Way. It goes all the way along the western coast of Ireland and you can stop in these cities (Either ending or starting in Kinsale, which is only 30 min south of Cork). 

I hope that you can be back in your home away from home very soon.

Best,

David