Travelling to your amazing country again in January

Travelling to your amazing country again in January

Author
Posted Sat 4 Nov 2017 4:09 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Good afternoon fellow Irish and wonderful emerald Island. 

I was wondering would it be still decent weather to travel to January around the 14 till the 28. I have been to Ireland last year and still have to post all my amazing sights places in depth for all to see and share, I have a friend of mine that wants to travel with me this time and see all the magnificent beauty, His friend has a time share for a week in Shannon area. I have forgotten the name but will post it once I find out. I did not get to see Galway last year and think it might be one of my destination. We will be using the dart or the buses as much as we can or walking to many of these places if possible, I walked 30 or more k a day while travelling solo last year so that will not be an issue, Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will likely do Dublin but not sure if we should do that on our way back and fly out of Dublin or fly into Shannon,

Thanks in advanced for all your help,

I am looking forward to Collin's and Anneke suggestions as well as you helped me out so much last year, I will post a separate trip for you on my past years travels to Ireland soon

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Nov 2017 1:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi, Alison.

Welcome back to the community, we would love to hear about your last trip.

Our climate is temperate so it's never too hot or too cold. In January the temperature is 40- 50°F so you will need a coat and we usually recommend layers of clothing in case you get a bit warm. Have a look at our wee video on Ireland's Weather for some excellent tips.

The area around Dublin is easily accessible using public transport or walking, over in the Shannon area public transport will be needed to get to further away places each day. The Cliffs of Moher would be a great place to visit on the west coast and is easily accessible from Galway.

Once you know about your friends time-share location the more specific we can be.

Look forward to hearing from you soon, and for some suggestions from our fellow community members.

Regards,

Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Nov 2017 3:01 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Alison,

You choose a lovely time to visit Ireland.

Located in County Clare, Shannon puts you right in the middle of Irelands’ busiest Tourist County. There are so many things to do in Clare starting with a visit to Cliffs of Moher - Ireland’s most visited natural attraction that will capture your imagination and your heart; it remains visited by over one million guests every year. Shannon is one of the most beautiful areas in Ireland. It is home to the Ring of Kerry. The Burren, Bunratty Castle, Shannon Estuary Drive and these iconic trips are just some of the attractions Shannon has to offer.

While in Dublin, you can take part in various activities like touring the town on the tour buses, activities, visit the National Museum and other historic buildings like the GPO (General Post Office) which is strongly associated with 1916 rising right in the heart of O’Connell Street. The famous Temple Bar is located in the city centre where you can enjoy the rich Irish culture from any of the bars where you can indulgence in a little Irish music, we know you will feel just at home. The city offers a wide range of highbrow, low-cost attractions and Dublin is home to Ireland’s national museums and galleries, most if not all of which offer free admission.The city has long been associated with the arts and with writing in particular. As the one time home of literary greats such as James Joyce, Jonathan Swift, and Oscar Wilde, visitors are sure to find something about Dublin to catch their imagination. A visit to the Dublin Writer’s Museum is highly recommended for all bookworms or anyone interested in the world of literature. The museum is located at Parnell Square, just off O’Connell Street. Apart from literary giants, Dublin’s greatest gift to the world is probably Guinness.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Ireland. 

Looking forward to hearing how it all went. 

Best Wishes, 

The Team at Car Rental Ireland
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 9 Nov 2017 2:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)Industry Member (11.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 9:20 AM Visits: 5.9K
Hi Alison

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your previous trip to the emerald isle.

I know that you mentioned visiting places such as Galway and Dublin but if you were considering a visit to the North West I would encourage you pay us a visit at the Walled City of Derry-Londonderry. Derry-Londonderry is an excellent cultural location with a series of visitor attractions steeped in history. These include the likes of the 17th Century City Walls, Guildhall, World Famous Murals, St Columb’s Cathedral as well as many fascinating museums and exhibitions.

The city also provides great options for tours, leisure, shopping and dining as well as excellent accommodation options should you choose to spend the night here. The city provides the perfect base for exploring Ireland as we are located on the gateway to Donegal/Wild Atlantic Way and the Causeway Coastal Route.

More detailed information on what the city has to offer can be found in our official visitor guide here. We would also invite you to contact us should you have any inquiries or questions at all. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

Barry 
Web: www.visitderry.com
Tel: +44 (0) 28 7126 7284
Email: info@visitderry.com