Petrol stations along motorways

Petrol stations along motorways

Author
Posted Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:25 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello everyone, 
I am organizing my trip in Ireland for next August-September, I will be arriving in Cork and driving to Donegal on the same day.
I have seen that part of the roads are motorways, I would like to know where I will find some petrol stations and apparently it appears that these stations have small shops where we can grab a snack and eventually rest for a few minutes before being on the road again.
I need your help on this matter and would really appreciate if someone could give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance for all and wishing you a nice evening
Annick Bonnin
Bordeaux France

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 19 Feb 2019 8:59 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello Annick! 

The drive from Cork to Donegal takes about  5 hours, and you will find several petrol stations and opportunities to rest and have a little snack on the way, don't worry. You can take a look at the website of Motorway Services Online, for example, which lists the service stations on Irish motorways, the Top Oil website, or that of Circle K which are petrol station names. A lot of them do have little shops and restaurants.

You can also take a look at this article about driving on the island of Ireland, where you will find someone useful general information! Tolls in Ireland are paid at the barrier of the toll booth, with the exception of the M50 motorway (the C-shaped orbital motorway around Dublin). If you are considering driving through the M50, please have a look at this website.

What is your itinerary looking like so far? Feel free to ask any questions you might have! And you can of course post in French too if you prefer. :D

Have a lovely evening, 

Morgan
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 23 Feb 2019 1:02 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello Morgan,

hope you are doing well.
I would like to thank you for all these precious informations.
If i understand, i will find some filling stations all the long  my trip to Donegal, even if i take motorways.
you mention that is takes about 5 hours, do you know the best way, cause after checking on Mappy, they propose :

- N27
- N8
- M8
- M7
- R445
- N52
- M6
and many others, what is the most easy ?
we will be travelling then through the following Counties (Sligo-Mayo-Galway-Clare-Kerry-Cork)
we will staying about 18 days, can't wait until then.

thanks again for all and wishing you a nice week-end.
Annick

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 23 Feb 2019 4:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 44 minutes ago Visits: 76.1K
Bonjour Annick,

Thanks for sharing your itinerary with us! I'm so happy that you are looking forward to your trip already.

You will indeed find many gas stations between Cork and Donegal. Speaking of the itinerary, the shortest one I found takes less than 5 hours and will successively use the N20, N18, M18, M17 and N15

Once you arrive in County Donegal, feel free to have a look at our itineraries along the Wild Atlantic Way to make the most of your 18 days in Ireland. 

Je vous souhaite une bonne fin de week-end ! 

Antoine

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 Feb 2019 10:02 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello Antoine,

hope you are doing well.
Thank you so much for all this information.

For sure, I will take a look on the itineraries along the Wild, I already have a program, but more information are welcome.
Wishing you a good week-end.

Annick

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 21 Sep 2019 5:37 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello everyone,
here i am back in France and i can say that my road trip in Ireland was just fabulous !!!
18 days of pur happiness, magic landscapes, unforgettable sceneries, and the hospitality of the Irish people always there to give a hand.
Loosing sometimes myself, the only way to discover this country, so much hidden gems, GPS getting completely crazy, roads really narrow, but so fantastic.
We travelled from Bordeaux to Roscoff with my car, thank we took the ferry to Cork, arrival on the other morning and leaving Cork for Donegal.
I would like to thank everyone on this community for the help and assistance regard the filling stations, i had no problem, everything went nice.
Stopped at Claremorris for lunch and then again on the road direction Donegal City, we had booked a B and B, thanks toour host Margaret, what a wonderful person, always smiling and the breakfasts, waouh !!!
Even though it was windy, rainy and a bit cold, we appreciated every moment, especially Sleive League, was really impressed by the wildness of this County, sometimes all alone on the road, that's what i call holidays !!!
County Donegal for 2 nights and then direction Sligo (Sligo a mix of Donegal and Mayo) 2 nights and then direction County Mayo. This County is really stunning, a big history, the famine, amazing loughs, smile always there, i think i did my best pics overthere. 3 nights and then direction County Galway, welcome to Connemara, what can i say, just a wonder for the eyes, so pur, so incredible, so many different colours, all depends on the weather but the Connemara will always be the Connemara. 2 nights and then direction County Clare, travelling through the Burren, really strange but so majestic, i will not forget the Cliffs or Moher, but really too much crowd, it spoiled a bit my visit. 3 nights and then direction County Kerry, Dingle peninsula and ring of Kerry, too many buses, too much tourists, next time il will try to see other spots in this County, 3 nights and then direction County Cork, special mention for Glengarriff, i think i found the place when i want to live when i retire, just what i like. Cork is a pleasant city to visit, especially the English market.
A special thanks to the Irish people, just love them !!!
Will be returning there, but this time other Counties to be seen : Offaly, Wicklow, Wexford, Waterford.
If i have to summarize, i prefer the north side, (Donegal to Mayo), i want to have the possibility to visit and take my time, the south is a bit too crowdy for me, i think i will have to try out season next time.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 23 Sep 2019 2:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: 44 minutes ago Visits: 76.1K
Bonjour Annick,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your road-trip with so many details! What an incredible journey!

I'm glad you found your way up to Co. Donegal, despite the small detours (which are part of the journey and can sometimes bring a few pleasant surprises). Above all, I'm delighted that you had many friendly encounters with the Irish and that they had a huge role to play in making your trip a success.

It sounds like you took many great pictures in Co. Mayo, feel free to share some of them here.

Bonne journée,
Antoine