Edenderry, for Transition Year

Edenderry, for Transition Year

Author
Posted Tue 14 May 2019 10:06 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello!
I´d like to know about this town. Maybe my daughter will study here from AUgust. How long takes to get to Dublin? What kind of town is it? Any info is welcome.
Thank you

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 14 May 2019 6:48 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello Patricia,

How exciting to hear your daughter is planning to study in Edenderry next August!

Regarding your inquiry about Edenderry, it's undoubtedly a warm, friendly and charming place located in the heart of Ireland, County Offaly. A place that welcomes visitors to enormous tracts of wilderness, nature and mountain parks!

It is possible to travel around by Public Transport. Transport for Ireland has a super Journey Planner which we find very convenient to plan trips, please take a look and see if it helps with her plans. Depending on the date and location, the journey from Dublin city to Edenderry takes approximately between 3 hours to 4 hours by bus. I've included a link for this specific trip from Dublin City to Edenderry here.

I hope you can find this useful and I would love to hear more about your daughter's visit! If she needs any help planning things to do while here, do be sure to let me know!

I'm always here if you have any other questions!

Best,
Romina

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 16 May 2019 10:22 AM
View Quick Profile
Thank you!!!
But, if I checked the travel from Edenderry to Dublin by Google maps, it tells me 1h and 30 or 45 minutes by public transport.
It isn't okay?
4 hours is too much!
Thank you again.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 16 May 2019 11:20 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Patricia,

I think Romina meant 1 to 2 hours. 🙂

We will generally recommend using the Journey Planner as it also has live departure board updates and the App, which I am sure will be handy for your daughter.

Is it her first time in Ireland? 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 16 May 2019 11:26 AM
View Quick Profile
Great!
She went 2summers ago, for a month. She had a great time.
Things to do around Edenderry?

Thank you!!!

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 16 May 2019 10:43 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
There are loads to do and see in Edenderry. For a start, you are only 7 miles from the Hill of Tara. In ancient times, this was where the King of Ireland would have had their Coronation.
The area is littered with dolmens, circles and standing stones.
There is also a spot referred to as the fairy grove which makes a wonderful place to stroll.

A little closer to home there is The Bog of Allen Nature Centre where you not only get a taste of the Irish countryside but an education in how we worked it too.
 There is also Lullymore Heritage Park with a petting zoo and ‘train’ rides. You will see from the pictures why train is in inverted commas.

The Grand canal can make for a pleasant evening walk and you can still spot the old castle ruins from the bank.
If your daughter is feeling adventurous there is even a parachute and skydiving club.

I have in no way exhausted the things to do in the area, so, I am sure your daughter will have plenty to do during her stay.

Where did she go last time?